Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Are You My Friend?

Why do you call yourself educated and not know that little words in the wrong context create big wounds in people you claim to respect, adore, and care for?
Why do you call yourself well rounded when you can't see or accept others' opinions if they don't line up with your own?
Why do you refer to yourself as a child of God when you are so quick to look down your nose at your neighbor, ignore a child in the village who needs direction, and eat in front of the hungry without offering to share?
Why do you claim to be ride or die and trustworthy but will blab your friend's secrets, faults, and shortcomings all in the name of feeding the flames of gossip?

Truth be told I'm not really interested in what you call or refer to yourself as. My concern is not in who you claim to be. As a potential recipient of the words you utter my only desire is to be uplifted and protected by the person who claims to be my friend.

Are you my friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ONCE UPON A TIME

OFTEN TIMES I WONDER WHERE TIME GOES WHEN IT FLIES WHAT HAPPENS TO THE STRINGS OF THE HEART WHEN CUT WHOSE TURN IS IT TO BRING BACK TH...