Tuesday, August 6, 2013

If I COULD I WOULD HATE YOU……



All I ever wanted was for you to remain by my side and hold my hand
As children of God we are taught early about death and to understand.
Just as a petulant child I don’t want to accept or understand when it happens to me
I don’t want to see clearly, believe it will get better, none of that shit.
I just want you with me.  
This is my heart’s happiness; you and me together forever
But you left me and so y’all keep that something to say clever.
In this deep darkness I’m going to jump and frivolous
Salutations have no residence here.
This hole is mine to stretch my sight as far veins go
Without popping out of socket.
You understand, you’ll be here, close your mouth,
And miss me with that; just stop it. 
All those times I was up in church feeling sad
But I wasn't sitting up front for that I was glad
I looked on from afar all those other times,
Me and you wondering who would jump first----
Why ain't there other cars driving in front of mine
It’s just the preacher’s car between me and the hearse
I can’t miss what I never had but you were mine to love on,
Laugh with, beat up, and get beat up by
Now all I can do is sit here and cry
This shit hurt I ain't gone lie
Never again do I look up and
You pass me by
If I didn't love you so much I’d hate you right now


No comments:

Post a Comment

ONCE UPON A TIME

OFTEN TIMES I WONDER WHERE TIME GOES WHEN IT FLIES WHAT HAPPENS TO THE STRINGS OF THE HEART WHEN CUT WHOSE TURN IS IT TO BRING BACK TH...