Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tout de Suite*

I ask you kind Sir are you a magician from the 9th circle
My tears fell fervently before I knew they were there
The sweet tension between us built into a frenzy flame
On the Holy Bible’s word I promised myself never again
In perfect simpatico our dreams are simply aligned
Yesterday’s no priority for me now only space in time
Surely as I breathe your smiles are caught in the wind
Tossed about frivolously and now the hurt x2 begins
Does it have to be this way here at the crossroads?
Is that how the story goes? The prince turns into a toad
But from my heart through whispered lips you are king
Because your spoken promises say we’ll have everything
I want to let your experiences with me be your very own
My constant friend disappoint is now my stepping stone
Into our present day fairy tale with an ending not yet told
Stand in it with me? In the newness of love not in the old-
Insecurities bound minds in security blankets tattered & torn
I’m feeling this love jones; not the bitter bitch that’s scorned
Turn around and see me for the dirty diamond that I am
Open your arms for me and see my truth is no Catfish scam
With burned fingers I reach for your warmth and steady calm
Totally convinced I am, “You are simply my broken heart’s balm!”


Dedication: A Strawberry by any other name…..
8/18/13 6:33 a.m.
*Tout de Suite (French) by definition is colloquial meaning immediately, right away.
J'ai besoin de le tenir tout de suite. (I need to hold him right away)







No comments:

Post a Comment

ONCE UPON A TIME

OFTEN TIMES I WONDER WHERE TIME GOES WHEN IT FLIES WHAT HAPPENS TO THE STRINGS OF THE HEART WHEN CUT WHOSE TURN IS IT TO BRING BACK TH...