Thursday, July 11, 2013

Come Home?

Come home?
When I was there you took me for granted
You said to my face you can't even stand it
You didn't say thank you when I washed your drawls
You didn't smile when you put on warm socks at all

Come home?
You stopped blowing on my neck 3,248 days ago
You look at your dinner plate like you seen it before
You walk out before me and wont' hold the door
Shit, you act like it's a chore and won't hit it no mo'

Come home?
And do what? Say you the man and things
Tell you nawl I don't need a diamond ring
Show you you're still the one to make my heart sing
Allow you to run amuck and tell me anything

Come home?
Tell me you're a better man not will be
Respect me even when we don't agree
Just once open your heart & you will see
All I wanted is that you really just liked me


No comments:

Post a Comment

ONCE UPON A TIME

OFTEN TIMES I WONDER WHERE TIME GOES WHEN IT FLIES WHAT HAPPENS TO THE STRINGS OF THE HEART WHEN CUT WHOSE TURN IS IT TO BRING BACK TH...