Thursday, July 25, 2013

You Brought the Storm Tonight but My Joy Cometh…

“Do as I say not as I do!” is the rule of engagement?
Through the eyes of this student actions are bold
Live and in living color they arrogantly glare at me
How dare I give what is given? Speak as spoken to?
I know no other way to submit & follow your lead
Peace is a rare gift that only few create and share
So much discord is alive, breathing, and filling space
Time is a continuum whose pendulum sways in favor
Only the favor is not yours as I find my way to light
So passionately & completely self-growth is embraced
While simultaneously overlooked in its purest form
So with vigor expectations are lowered to accommodate
The eventuality of resentment born from low standards
Tensions mount as words transform into death’s bullets
Recklessly my spiritual life is snuffed out without pause
Second degree or involuntary carries all of twenty to life
But if you feed me life anew it is what I will give birth to
Love’s fragrance so poignant my tears on your chest flow

Blurring the lines in the sand only to signal a fresh start…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

ONCE UPON A TIME

OFTEN TIMES I WONDER WHERE TIME GOES WHEN IT FLIES WHAT HAPPENS TO THE STRINGS OF THE HEART WHEN CUT WHOSE TURN IS IT TO BRING BACK TH...