Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,
If I could take it back or fix it
I would give everything I have
I stand in the window just looking
Through tears I just see your back
If you’d just tell me what you need
I’d pull a star from heaven for you
If I caused the crease in your brow
Come here Daddy I’ll rub that too
I promise I won’t be bad anymore
I’ll come home and do all my chores
I’ll play silently with all my toys Dad
Especially when I hear your snores
At least tell me you’ll think about me
You won’t let me grow up alone
Even if you can’t stay with Mamma
Promise I can come to your home
The streets are now my teacher
But my life span is getting short
I want to give you grand babies
Not have you find me in the morgue
I’m always your lil’ boy; your man man
They say real men don’t do two arm hugs
I need you to help me with my homework
Save me I don’t want to walk as thugs
No Sir, I’m not crying didn't shed a tear
But I save them for my pillow at night
I've missed you with me year after year
Come and get me Dad; we’ll start anew
To see your eyes filled with pride for me
Is always my gentle prayer to God for you

Still your son!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ONCE UPON A TIME

OFTEN TIMES I WONDER WHERE TIME GOES WHEN IT FLIES WHAT HAPPENS TO THE STRINGS OF THE HEART WHEN CUT WHOSE TURN IS IT TO BRING BACK TH...